When a hungry young cat spotted dogs having their dinner in an Irvington backyard, he waited until they finished so that he might obtain a morsel of food. In his effort, his head became caught in the dog food can. He was in the yard for more than a day with the dogs and incredibly, he survived.
The Society was contacted for assistance and picked up the male orange marmalade cat. He was brought to our Newark facility where the can was removed. Since his stay at the Society, he has remained a frightened fella. Although he is available for adoption, we would emphasize the importance of going to a home where there is safety, security and experience in handling less-than-lovable cats. File N-71436-M.
Please contact us if you might be the home to help him recover from his ordeal.
There are many hurdles that stray animals must deal with; garbage/litter is one of the perils. Yogurt containers, fishing line, garbage bags, batteries, six-pack plastic holders -- are just some of the items that cause injury and death to domestic animals and wildlife. Please don't litter - you may save a life.