Thursday, April 24, 2014 Member Log-In E-Mail ID Password GO!
Home
About Us
Visit Popcorn Park
Animal Care Centers
About Adoptions
Programs
Planned Giving
Events
Publications
Animal Archives
Campaigns
Ways toHelp
Kids
Employment
Contact Us
Site Map
Donate Now
Not a member? Join Us
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
GO

Share |

Cocoa Mulch Is Toxic to Pets!



Remember all of the alerts we receive at Easter, Valentine's Day, Halloween, Christmas, etc.to keep your pets away from chocolate??? The theobromine in chocolate can kill your pet.  Somehow, everyone missed out on this warning.

The Society has received an alert concerning a much-loved Golden Retriever mix whose owner brought home a bag of Cocoa Mulch for the yard.  Although reports indicate that  50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can can suffer physical harm, there are no warnings printed on the manufacturers' labels. The chocolate-smelling mulch attracted the Golden who devoured a large helping. Although she vomited a few times, by the next day, this dog had a seizure and died. Other dogs have died in the past.

Please be sure to check what you are using in your gardens...or what your lawn man, gardener, etc. is using.

4/11/2006

     GO!


Home | About Us | Popcorn Park Zoo | Shelters | Adoptions | Programs | Planned Giving | Events | Publications | News | Campaigns | Contact Us | FAQ | Links | Site Map | Privacy Policy

2005-2012, created and maintained by Fitting & Zidd, LLC

Show Other Categories