First Year Anniversary Report
In observing the one year anniversary as the new Executive Director of the Associated Humane Societies/Popcorn Park Zoo, I wanted to reach out to you, our donors, for your continued faithful support, and to new visitors to our web site.
AND YOU MAY HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST YEAR???. I am pleased to share with you the following accomplishments.
- Board of Directors reorganization
- Hired New Auditing Firm
- Hired New Human Resources Administrator
- New Video of Society Efforts & Mission
- Tinton Falls Facility -- Replaced Previous Management, Animal Control Officers & Installed New Staff
- Ceased All Collection Can Operations
- New Holding Room at Newark Facility Built
- Entered Into Agreement with New Financial Investment Group
- New Veterinarian(s) Hired
- Docent Program Installed at Popcorn Park Zoo
- Shelter Managers Attending Seminars on Disaster Planning Management Regarding Animals
- Installed New Computer Hardware & New Accounting Procedures
- Installed New Computer Hardware for Entire Shelter System
- Installed New Shelter Software Program at Each Facility
- Interviewing for Monthly CPA auditor
- New Telephone System Installed
- Working with Red Cross for Disaster Planning & Planning Statement of Understanding and Intent with American Red Cross - Esses County/Hudson Chapter & in Discussions with Other Chapters.
- Meeting with Non-Profit and Financial Groups on Accounting & Financial Procedures
- Monthly Board Meetings with Board of Directors and AHS Attorney
- Installed New Security System at Popcorn Park Zoo
- New Website & Integrated Donor Database is in the Works
- Two Mountain Lions Accepted into Popcorn Park Zoo
- Two More Tigers Rescued by Popcorn Park Zoo
- Working Closely with Responsible Rescue Groups
- Exciting News for a Tinton Falls Animal Care Center!
- Discussion Underway to Rescue One or Two Elephants in Need
- STILL REMAIN EDITOR OF THE HUMANE NEWS
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL... NOTHING has changed regarding our mission and commitment to unwanted, abused, handicapped wildlife, exotics, farm animals & domestic animals. Everything we do is still for them.
The Society is a group of dedicated people - working 7 days a week - with no armchair executives. Due to the present economic conditions, we are fighting for our very existence and we need your help. If you donate, we thank you for your generosity. Please help us by expanding our circle of friends. Send us the name and address of a friend, relative, or co-worker, who would like to join with us in our never-ending struggle to make life better for the animals that come through our doors.
If you need any information on the Societies' efforts and goals, please feel free to call us, write to us, or send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
There are too many animals that need our help and we do not wish to disappoint them. So please continue to help us to help them.